Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hello again!

So I know what you are all thinking! What a lamo for not posting all summer! I have been without a camera all summer and have been waiting for pictures to trickle in from everyone so that I have something to blog about. I also have really been struggling this summer and have not been up to blogging. As many of you may have heard Jess and I have been trying to have a baby for a few years now without any good results. On Hunter's birthday I went in for an ultrasound of what I thought was a normal 10 week pregnancy and found out that the baby had stopped developing and there was no heartbeat. It was a big surprise to us and very emotional as you can imagine. I went in for a D&C two days later and have had a very hard summer physically and emotionally. We had told the kids that we were going to have a baby and they were SOOOO excited, so to have to explain that to them was a hard thing. I never realized how emotionally draining this sort of thing is! I am still struggling with this (some days are better than others) but luckily for me I have had great support from my family! I am keeping busy and just trying to think positive! I may never know Heavenly Father's reasoning for this but am trying to put my trust in him and know that we are supposed to learn something from this trial.(here again some days are better than others!) But I know that Heavenly Father will never give us anything more than we can handle, I just am not sure why he thinks I can handle this! I am a little worried that he has gotten me mixed up with someone much stronger and is sending me her trials! :) I just want to let my family know how much I love them and appreciate their support through all of this. Through trials in life I can really see why God gave us families. I don't know what I would do without any of you! I love you!

But anyway I will be posting more of our summer as I get the pictures.

On a lighter note:
The kids have started school and are really liking it so far. Garrett is in 8th grade this year and Hunter is in 4th! Garrett is playing football again and Jess is helping coach so that keeps us busy 6 nights a week. I am working, trying to finish school and am the PTA president at Hunter's school this year. I am really enjoying it! I have found that I do much better when I am busy! Hopefully I will get a new camera soon and will be better about posting again!

6 comments:

Kristy said...

I am glad your back! You are one tough women and we are amazed by your strength. It is scary to think about God has in store for us. But family is the greatest gift. Lots of love.

Kristin said...

I am so sorry Heather, I didn't even know you were trying! I know a little how you feel, I went through infertitlity when we were trying to get bonnie and I kept having chemical pregnancies. And being on fertility drugs make you CRAZY!! I am truly sorry you have had to go through this. You have an amazing positive attitude though and it's true the lord only gives us what we can handle WHEN he know we can handle it, looking back if i had had Bonnie when I wanted i probably would have blown my brains out. He knows wha t he's doing and he best thing is to keep the faith!!! Love you and praying for you!!

DTanner said...

I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I know what it is like to have a heard time getting pregnant. Makes me wonder how I ever got pregnant with the first 2. Maybe now that your body has the idea again the next pregnancy will come easily. Best of luck to you.

Jodi Gallagher said...

It was so fun hanging out a few weeks ago. I hope you are doing o.k. I hope things turn around for ya. Garrett and Hunter will make great big brothers :) Don't give up! I'll keep you in my prayers! Call me when your up for a girls night out!

val m said...

I am sorry to hear of you loss! It can be so hard to be faithful and know that there really is a plan for us, but it is true, God knows us and loves us! Hang in there. I hope you will be able to have a little one join your family soon! I really get the trying thing!!! It isn't fun going through testing and things, but it is worth it. I think it has helped me to enjoy every day of being a mom! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

The Hoyt Family said...

Heather,
I am so sorry for your loss.. I know exactly what you are going through..It's so hard to understand why these things happen..Keep the faith and know that when the time is right it will happen again.. It's all worth it in the end..