Sunday, May 24, 2009

Pinewood Derby



Hunter got to participate in his very first Pinewood Derby race for cub scouts. He was so excited to build his car. Well the night before the race he got REALLY sick! So I kept him home from school the next day. He slept all day and just didn't feel like eating much. He hadn't gotten "sick" in 24 hours and he really wanted to go to the race. I didn't have the heart to tell him he couldn't go so we went. Well being the wise mother that I am I was worried that he hadn't eaten in 24 hours so we stopped for a shake! An Oreo cookie shake! Now I know what your thinking, maybe he "lost" his shake on the floor. Oh no even better! Once the sugar kicked in from that shake he was BOUNCING of the walls! Can you say EXTREME sugar high! He was crazy! (even more than usual)! But hey he had fun! And I am definitely not winner mother of the year AGAIN this year! (For more reasons than this one!!) he he


All the boys after the race.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I am glad he got to go and without puking!

Jodi Gallagher said...

Hunter is such a cute kid. Glad he got to go!