Monday, June 9, 2008

Boys!!!!

Last night we had some friends over, after they left Garrett was running around popping balloons with a knife! Why you may ask would he be doing this? I have no clue! His great grandpa Averett has a knife collection and when each of the boys turn 12 they get to pick a knife. Well Garrett thought this was the perfect opportunity to use this knife to pop balloons! I had just told him to stop and get ready for bed when he came in the kitchen holding his cheek! He had pushed the knife in something and pulled back hard and caught himself in the cheek! Honestly I think Garrett is out to see how many crazy ways he can injure himself! So of course I am ready to head to the hospital and Jesse tells it is not bad enough for that! He tells me just to wash it good and put a band aid on it! Anyone who knows me will know that I think EVERYTHING is bad enough for the hospital! But I listened to my husband since the bleeding stopped and there was no tissue coming out of it! Gee many christmas! Why do boys think running around doing stuff like this is cool! No we do not often encourage our kids to run around with knives but they get to a certain age and they just make interesting choices! (we do however feed our kids fish and nuts at a young age don't we Michelle! he he) So I guess lesson learned for us all! Apparently 12 almost 13 is still too young to own a knife at our house!

Here is the knife he used! Looking at this I would definitely
choose this over say a tiny pin to pop balloons!



Garrett's battle wound!



Close up of the cut



No stitches just this tiny band aid and his dad said he would
be fine!

3 comments:

shellyray said...

That's it! I am now no longer allowing knives, nuts, or fish. Do you hear me Heather! When Ruben is over he is no longer allowed to run around with knives anymore and eat nuts or fish. Haha. I'm never going to live that down. Way to go Garrett!

Kirstin said...

I guess it really is ok to have knives at your house eh? First Damon, now Garrett? I am still putting my foot down about the fish and nuts though. That is completely ridiculous letting a kid have knives, fish, and nuts. At least give them a surviving chance! Ha Ha.

LaRae said...

I am glad Garrett just braised his cheek! We have a little boy at our school who had a similar accident, but he put his knife into something (a stuffed animal to be exact), pulled the knife back & accidentally stabbed himself right in the eye! Listening to his dad explain the story just gave me shivers. Luckily, he did not lose his vision, but they weren't sure of what other problems might come up. Boys - I am worried about what's in my future as Ben gets older!