Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Salem Ponds



Yesterday we went to Salem Ponds with my sister Angie and her kids. Garrett's friend Jake came with us and the boys wanted to bring there bikes. I figured no big deal right?! Well the boys started riding there bikes into the pond. Still I figured no big deal. Well Angie and I were walking around checking all the kids and when we came back Garrett ran up and said that Jake had lost his bike in the water. Well I thought they weren't going very deep so it couldn't be that hard to find right?!? Wrong! Being the boys that they are they decided to see how far out they could go! Well apparently there is a HUGE drop off and once they got to it Jake panicked and let go! There was a man there and he swam out to help see if he could find it but couldn't. He then told us he had lost 3 bikes in the pond! We borrowed some goggles to see if we could see it but the water was too murky. I was in my clothes but I was desperate enough that I told the boys that if they could see it I would swim out and get it but they couldn't even see it! We searched for a while but never found it and then had to face going and telling Jake's dad that we had lost his bike in the pond! Being the responsible adult that I am we stopped and picked up his dad's favorite candy bar and went to tell him. He took it well (only saying one swear word) and told Jake no big deal he can earn some money and buy a new one! Lucky for us Jake said he was in a good mood! So if anyone is ever at Salem Ponds in the future I don't recommend riding your bike in the water and if you happen to find one bring it our way! Thanks Clay for not killing me or your son!
















3 comments:

Melanie said...

I love the new look on your blog! Very cute. Your story about losing the bike in the pond cracked me up. I guess its funny to me because I wasn't the one who lost it! I think it will be a good story to tell in the future. Remember when we lost the bike in the pond?

Kristy said...

That is awesome! Mabey the fish are riding the bikes below. Or the Salem Pond Sea Monster! I like your new blog background..very fashionable!

Jenny said...

I can't believe they lost the bike. So funny!