Sunday, June 22, 2008

Gardening

I love to garden and have found a joy of looking through seed catalog's and finding new things to grow. This year I wanted to grow popcorn! My garden is not quite big enough for everything I want to grow and so this year I have spilled over into my dad's garden. He has a greenhouse and wasn't going to use his garden this year so I gladly took over his space! My sister likes to tease me about garden and canning and claims I am an old women but I enjoy them so I guess I am an old women!



Hunter weeding between the rows of popcorn



Popcorn



Garrett is trying to earn money this year by
mowing lawns, so when we go out to take care
of the garden, he mows Grandfather's lawn.




I have even managed to finally get my garden planted and my dad helped me with a new drip system this year in my garden. This spring and summer have been crazy in Utah and so even though I started my plants in the house in January I had yet to plant them outside! Every chance I had to plant them it was raining or just too cold for the plants. But they are finally in!










3 comments:

LaRae said...

Heather - thanks for visiting my blog! I always loved your mom & dad's gardens. I always find a big garden with delicious vegetables growing on the vine or in the ground so very fascinating since there aren't too many gardeners in LV - you old woman you :0)!!

Jenny said...

Your garden looks great. Want to come down and plant mine?

Kristy said...

Let me know when that corn starts popping out of your garden! I am interested to see how it works out! You have quite the green thumb!