Sunday, July 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Garrett!

It was 13 years ago today that Garrett was born! Yes I said 13! We officially have a teenager in our home! (scream) I look back and can't believe were the time has gone! It seems like just yesterday that Garrett was a tiny baby. He was 2 lbs. 11 ounces when he was born and sooooo tiny. He stayed in the Newborn ICU for a little over a month and the nurses said he was a fighter. Usually the little girl babies were the ones that would fight and the boys were all very weak and wouldn't fight as much but Garrett was a fighter from the minute he was born! He had such a hard first year and just never felt good. It was so hard to watch him struggle and hurt! You would never know it by looking at him now! He is a very important part of our family and we love him tons!

September 1995
THEN

July 2008
NOW




Because his birthday fell on a Sunday this year we had his birthday party with his friends yesterday. Garrett got up with me bright and early to help me decorate his cake. His friends came over and we went and got pizza and took them ice blocking in Payson. They had a lot of fun and I even tried it out. Jesse organized races with the boys.




After they were done they destroyed what was left of the ice blocks.


Then we went back to the house for cake and slip and slide in the front yard. Jesse brought home some heavy duty plastic from work last year and it works great! The kids love it but it is awful on my grass!





Garrett leaves tomorrow for scout camp for a whole week so we decided to give him his birthday present early so that he could enjoy it before he left. He wanted a table top jump for his bike and we figured he would have a great time on it all weekend. Garrett and Hunter and half the boys in the neighborhood spent most of the day jumping it.



Happy Birthday Garrett! We love you!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I remeber when My mom and dad had brought me up to provo to take me to school at the end of august and you had just brought him home from the hospital. He was so tiny, i think he was something like 4 lbs. I can't believe you have a 13 year old!! Happy Birthday Garrett!

Staci Leach said...

I remember when you had just had him and your Mom brought me to the hospital to see you and him and we had to tell them I was your sister so I could see you both!

Jenny said...

Happy belated birthday Garrett! I can't believe you have a teenager Heather! I'm sure you're the funnest mom ever.