Sunday, October 19, 2008

Food Storage

So I finally got my food storage organized. I had to buy another shelf to hold all of my goodies! This is the best my food storage has ever looked! I did a good amount of canning this year including: Peaches, Pears, Salsa, Spaghetti Sauce, and Pickles. I am hoping to learn to bottle chicken in the next few months. I love canning just because I feel so productive! It is a ton of work but so worth it in the end. I was actually quite sad that my tomato plants froze! I wasn't ready to be done yet! Oh well, there is always next year!
I had a hard time fitting all of the shelves in one picture because of the walls. There really is only 3 sets of shelves, all these pictures make it seem like there is a lot more than that.

7 comments:

DTanner said...

You're so good. I know where we will go when we are starving. LOL we don't have any food storage. I guess I need to get busy. I jus worry about rotating through things.

Kristin said...

I'm truly impressed. My food storage consists of macaroni and cheese and chicken noodle soup! My mom has been raggin on me lately to get it done, i'm just so bad at that!

Jodi Gallagher said...

That's awesome Heather! I need to get mine all organized now!

Melanie said...

I have food storage, but your's looks a whole lot tastier (and better organized!) Good work Heather!!

LaRae said...

Absolutely impressive, Heather! Looks beautiful & organized too.

Angie said...

I'm jealous! I guess I really ought to get in to that canning thing. Maybe next year!

Galo Fab 5 said...

Wow!! Wish mine looked like that! Lots of work!