Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Kid Tag

I saw this on a couple of my friends blogs and thought it was cute.

Garrett Says:
1.What is something mom always says to you? "pick up your laundry"
2. What makes mom happy? "when we are at school"
3. What makes mom sad? "when we are home from school"
4. How does your mom make you laugh? "she doesn't ever make me laugh"
5. What was your mom like as a child? "spoiled"
6. How old is your mom? "29"
7. How tall is your mom? "4 ft. 6 inches"
8. What is her favorite thing to do? "watch tv"
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? "party"
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? "watching tv"
11. What is your mom really good at? "canning"
12. What is your mom not very good at? "thinking of bedtimes" (apparently he doesn't like what time I send him to bed!!!)
13. What does your mom do for her job? "work on the computer"
14. What is your mom's favorite food? "pretzels"
15. What makes you proud of your mom? "she pays for my sports"
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? "Darth Vader"
17. What do you and your mom do together? "go to church"
18. How are you and your mom the same? "we like the Utes"
19. How are you and your mom different? "She likes the dumb Giants"
20. How do you know your mom loves you? "comes to my football games" (Yes EVERYTHING is about sports with this kid!)

Hunter says:
1.What is something mom always says to you? "be quiet"
2. What makes mom happy? "when we do chores"
3. What makes mom sad? "when we don't do chores or our homework"
4. How does your mom make you laugh? "nothing"
5. What was your mom like as a child? "mean"
6. How old is your mom? "26" (Good Answer!)
7. How tall is your mom? "8 inches"
8. What is her favorite thing to do? "clean"
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? "go to the gas station"
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? "super model" (Another good answer!)
11. What is your mom really good at? "driving"
12. What is your mom not very good at? "yelling at us"
13. What does your mom do for her job? "play on the computer"
14. What is your mom's favorite food? "pizza"
15. What makes you proud of your mom? "when she gives me Sprite"
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? "Bugs Bunny"
17. What do you and your mom do together? "watch tv"
18. How are you and your mom the same? "we both like Sprite"
19. How are you and your mom different? "she types faster"
20. How do you know your mom loves you? "she hugs me"

After doing this with my kids (and laughing my head off) I have learned a few things about how my boys think.
1. They do NOT find me funny (which is interesting because I think I'm HILARIOUS!)
2. They think all I do is play on the computer and watch tv all day!
3. It is actually paying off going to boring sporting events! Garrett FINALLY appreciates it!
4. I need to give Hunter Sprite more often!

I was a little scared doing this because I was afraid of what my boys would say, well Garrett thinks he's pretty funny (I wonder were he gets that!) because every time he would answer he would laugh! I have really been seeing lately that I need to do more fun things with my kids and stop trying to be so serious ALL the time! (yes I really can be a serious person!) I guess I just need to have more fun with them occasionally!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

That was hilarious to read, you are brave, I don't think I can do this with my kids bucause...frankly...i know what their answers would be and that scares me to death!!

Angie said...

I love it! That is hilarious. Maybe in another month I will do that with my kids. I am completely warn out by today's posting.

Janae said...

I love this tag! Seriously cute...I want to try it...I think. Darth Vader and you only watch T.V huh?
I remember when Lilli told the entire primary that all I did all day long was sit on the couch and eat chocolate...lovely!
I liked your Vegas post. Really a great post:) It was really great to see everyone.
I see I was also tagged...I will work on that:)

Jodi Gallagher said...

SO Fun! I was scared to do it too byt luckily my kids were all in good moods and we had a fun day so their answers were pretty nice! Kailee said she talked to Garrett at school. It's so funny to me that they are in Jr High. Auctually it scares me that they are growing up so fast!

Kirstin said...

I laughed my head off too... and I could just hear Garretts non-enthused voice as he is answering these questions and then laughing at himself. Also, man you are SHORT! love you and love your kids!!!

Staci Leach said...

Freakin Funny!

DTanner said...

You and me both! I see our kids think the world of us. Funny how Amanda thinks all I do is clean, but yet my house is a mess. I could only imagine Derrick and Garrett hanging out together. Sounds like they are both characters.