Thursday, October 9, 2008

Las Vegas

I just got back from Las Vegas were Angie and I went with our kids to my Grandpa Zobrist's funeral. It was a LONG trip with 6 kids! But we had a good time. We were able to relax by the pool one day, and visit with all of our family the next. My Grandparents have 6 kids who were all able to make it for the funeral, as well as all 34 grand kids from various states! Some of who had to travel a pretty long distance to be there. It was great to see all of my cousins.

It was a great funeral filled with fun memories, all of the great grand kids sang a song, and my mom volunteered her and my sister Angie and I to sing!(much to my dismay) But all in all it wasn't that bad! (considering it was a song I had never heard, and we practiced it once the night before the funeral!) It was so nice to hear memories of my grandpa from my mom and her brothers and sister.


Grandpa in 2007


I love this picture of grandma and grandpa because this is how I remember them! I LOVE Grandma's HUGE earrings!


Driving to Vegas. (are we ready for Vegas or what!)


Doesn't he look innocent?


Josh, Garrett, Grandma and Hunter at the cemetery.


Aunt Anne (my mom's sister), Grandma and Mom.


My brother's and sister. From L to R: Angie, Me, Spencer, Nate, Dan. We are missing Chris. He was sick and left early.


Mom, Grandma, me, Hunter, and Garrett.


Mom, Grandma, Dan and his daughter Danielle.

My Grandma was such a good sport and just kept posing for pictures with everyone. She was SOOO tired after all that and nicely asked my mom if we were done taking pictures yet! She was ready to go home.


Dan teasing Miles (Spencer's little boy)


My cousins and sister. Jenny, Melanie, Janae and Angie.


Uncle Bob and Jason.




Angie and I went one night to sit in the hot tub and Don was nice enough to take a shift with the kids! Well this is what we returned to at 9:45. Don asleep in bed and the kids all watching TV! Exactly how it would have been if Jess had been there!

It was great to go and visit with family but as usual great to be home! Thanks Angie and Don for letting me and the kids crash at the time share with you (as usual!)

6 comments:

Jodi Gallagher said...

How neat that everyone made it to the funeral. How is your mom? Looks like yours and Angies kids had fun together!

DTanner said...

How old is Daniel now? Didn't she live in Las Vegas growing up?

Melanie said...

Thanks for posting the great pics Heather! It was so fun to see you. I guess it's a blessing in disguise to have funerals because we get to have a family reunion too.

Kristin said...

Youv'e been tagged!

It was fun to see you too!! Tell Angie I'm still waiting for my invite and she's been tagged too!

LaRae said...

Heather - it was great to see you & the rest of our cousins! I love all your pictures. Brad, too, would have crashed on the bed, just like Don!

I like the pic of Angie, Janae, Melanie, & Jenny. Angie has that "wide-eyed" pose that she did in a couple of the pics I took. Tell her I want a blog invite too!

Angie said...

Those eyes are my scary eyes, I have them because I am being accosted by my cousins to invite them to my blog. They are the same eyes I would have if someone had a gun at my back. :) hehe