Saturday, May 3, 2008

Christmas in May!


















So for Christmas this year my parents decided to build Jesse and I a pergola for our recently finished deck. My dad flew my little brother Nate and his wife Anya in from Hawaii to help with the project and the whole family came for the day to help! I know you are saying to yourself how awesome is that! As much grief as I give my family they really are super duper! So thanks all of you goobers for helping! It was great to see Nate and Anya. They are expecting there first baby in July and we had yet to see Anya and her cute little belly. Yes I said little because Anya looks great! Just as beautiful now as she was before! Anyway I was just so excited to have a cover for the deck. Our backyard faces west so in the summer by afternoon we can't even use the deck without dying of heat stroke! I am so excited to spend my summer days out enjoy the deck. My next project is to build planter boxes so I can plant some vines to grow up the pergola. (How does next Saturday work for the family?) he he Anyway thanks so much for the awesome present mom and dad, and thanks everyone else for all the help! You all are awesome!

2 comments:

climbingtrash said...

Good Blog Heather. Glad to see you on here pluggin' up the place too. :^) You got some good pictures, I'll have to send you some that I took when I get a chance. It was good to see everyone and help get your patio done.

The Olsons said...

This looks so nice! I guess I will have to walk over and get a good look at it. Looks like fun to have the whole family there helping too! What a nice dad! You can expect me stopping by some time. :)