Friday, May 23, 2008

Happy Dance

So I just have to do my happy dance for a minute and share it with all of you. Note: don't worry I will not actually be posting my happy dance! Just picture me doing all my best moves, with absolutely no rhythm of course. I am officially done with work for the school year! I work at my kids elementary school in the special needs preschool. This will be a big relief to my support system who listens to me day in and day out complaining! So thanks for putting up with me and I will try to keep the complaining to a minimum!(thanks Jesse, mom, Angie, Kirstin and Michelle for listen) I have worked there for three years and really enjoy my job! I love the kids and enjoy the people I work with (most days). he he This year has just really been a hard year for me personally, we had some extremely difficult kids and it seems like everyone I worked with (including myself) had some kind of personal struggles in there life this past year! Well when you get 6 women that work together that can be hard enough but add in personal struggles and it can make for a long day. Now don't get me wrong I really do like the people I work with and don't want it to sound like I don't but I am just breathing a sigh of relief that the year is over. I am not one of these women who can work and do it all at home still! We are so busy most days and I have a hard time working, running kids and keeping up on my house work! (thanks by the way Michelle and Kirstin for helping me around my house cleaning and planting flowers, it pays to have great friends!) So I am just glad to be able to stay home and get things done! I also have the next week off with no kids! I am trying to keep my excitement to a minimum! I love my kids but it really is nice to have a few days to yourself and know that they are doing something productive! As for our summer plans, the boys are both in baseball two nights a week and practice one other day. Jesse is coaching Garrett's team so that is very helpful. I was put in as assistant camp director so girls camp in June! wha who Garrett has a scout camp every month to attend. I am also a scout leader for the bears with Hunter and we have a day camp this summer! oh baby Jesse is also an 11 year old scout leader and they are going on a camp out in June as well! We hope to be able to enjoy our summer and enjoy each other! My goal is to enjoy and not over plan the summer with too many activities! I hope everyone is as excited about summer as I am (though it is only in the 50's in Utah today!) I love summer because I can work in my yard and my garden, which I am hoping to get planted this weekend. I started all my plants back in about February by seed and they are all ready to plant! Jesse and I have a great system, I love to garden but hate to eat the food from it and he loves the food I grow but hates to garden so I grow it and he and the kids eat it! Hope everyone has a safe summer and gets in plenty of quality family time!

1 comment:

shellyray said...

Oh dang! I was hoping to actually see your happy dance on here. I'm so glad your done with work and life can calm down a bit for you. Although, you do sound like you've got a pretty busy schedule going in the summer. I'm stressed out and all I do is stay home all day. I don't think I could handle working too. Your superwoman! Go girl!