Friday, May 23, 2008

Introducing Bo the Wonder Cat er Dog




This is our 3 year old golden retriever named Bo. He is a great dog most of the time. The kids really enjoy him. Lately each morning that I wake up Bo is sitting on the front porch. Now you have to know that he is not supposed to be on the front porch because we keep him locked in the back yard or he runs off, so if he is on the front porch each morning than we just know he has been out all night and finally come home. Usually bringing random shoes along with him! So we were trying to figure out how he was getting out each night. Well one morning I went out to check on him and he was standing on the fence! Bo and the neighbors dog tore down the one slat of wood fence that our fence does not cover and were leaving our yards so in an effort to keep him in a few weeks ago we stacked some block up to keep him in. So he now climbs the block and walks along the fence line to the front of the yard and walks out. I left the block there in hopes of getting a picture of him doing this but of course he won't do it when I want him to. So today I came home from grocery shopping and he was walking along the fence line. So of course I grabbed my camera. This dog now thinks he is a cat! It was raining the other day so I put him in the garage and heard all kinds of noise. He had climbed over my deep freezer onto the work bench and was knocking stuff off the work bench because he is so large! (he is about 100 pounds) Leave it to the Averett's to have a dog that acts like a cat! Now you all may think I'm a crazy person for posting this but it just looks so darn funny to see a huge dog walking along the fence! Here is a short video. When I was calling him off you can here him whining because the chicken is scared to jump!

6 comments:

averett's said...

my dog is funny

averett's said...

my dog is funny

averett's said...

by garrett

Kirstin said...

That dang boat! He he!

Jenny said...

Heather, your dog is hilarious.

Melanie said...

How funny! I love it. Ryan calls our dog a cat because she likes to curl up in the sun or on the back of the couch. It isn't that weird though because she only weighs 10 lbs.

There is a lady in our neighborhood who walks her cat on a leash!